Here is a refreshing salad for the summer! Mom always made it at Christmas time, but I like it any time of the year. It truly is refreshing. I hope you will enjoy this. Try it and let us know what you think!
- 2 pounds Shrimp, Steamed, peeled, cooled (no seasoning)
- 1.5 pounds Calamari (squid) Rings (and Tentacles if they don’t gross you out—they are sweeter than the rings!), steamed, cooled
- 2 Medium or 1-1/2 large Onions, sliced very thin
- 5 or 6 Stalks Celery (my stalks were each about 9” long), chopped on the smaller size
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Salt (essential) (taste after salad is made, may add ½ teaspoon additional salt)
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ head Lettuce
- Cut the shrimp in half if they are large
- Separate the pieces of onions from the slices
In a large bowl with a lid:
- Add all ingredients
- Toss (do this by putting the lid on and rolling and gently turning over the bowl several times)
- Cover, Chill in fridge for at least 4 hours
When ready to serve, add chopped lettuce (essential to avoid wilt, which will make salad mushy)
Note: I like to chill overnight before serving.
If you like what you see on The Tentacle, click Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Parler. Remember to always share what you read. We can’t grow and continue to bring you community created information without your participation.